Monday, October 29, 2012

Where are the Blog Posts?

Dear Readers,

I apologize that I have not been posting as much as I had hoped. I intend to re-start and post more often now that my schedule has (somewhat) normalized.

A few announcements: this Fall, I became Principal Viola of the Rogue Valley Symphony, and Assistant Principal Viola of the North State Symphony in Redding/Chico. These new titles have kept me busier than usual in the orchestra world, but I'm enjoying the experience very much with both groups.

On that note, make sure that you attend the Rogue Valley Symphony concerts whenever possible. I'm disappointed that the RVSO is no longer offering free student/parent tickets for the Medford concerts. You can still buy tickets for the Medford concerts, or attend the Sunday concerts in Grants Pass with a voucher. You need to get there about an hour early in Grants Pass to secure your seats. These vouchers are available on the symphony wesite at: http://rvsymphony.org/education/connecting.shtml

I would like to say Congratulations to my student, Nathaniel Savage, on becoming Concertmaster of the Youth Symphony of Southern Oregon Orchestra. This is Nathaniel's first year in the ensemble. I am so pleased with all of my students who have chosen to participate in the YSSO Orchestra and Symphony. The experience of playing in a large ensemble like this with Cynthia Hutton is so important and enriching for your violin or viola study. Further Congratulations to Lindan Burns, Rowan Houghton, Michael Kaveney, Rowan Lovich and Cora Stonewood on their placement and participation in these ensembles.

Until Soon,

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment