Monday, April 16, 2012

April Student of the Month

I've started a Student of the Month routine along with this blog. This is not so much a competition, but an opportunity for studio members to be featured one at a time and learn a bit more about each other. This month's student is Rowan Lovich. Rowan is one of the first students that I started teaching after I moved back to Ashland two years ago. I chose Rowan this month because she took a big leap by joining the YSSO Orchestra in the middle of the year, and she's doing a great job!

My name is Rowan Lovich and I am 13 years old. I have been playing viola for 4 years and currently I'm a member of the Youth Orchestra of Southern Oregon. I enjoy playing in a musical group because it is a challenge to play with others, but rewarding when done well. Some people ask me why I chose the viola, I had a unique experience years ago when I went to a viola concert and fell in love with the tone of the instrument. In my spare time I enjoy horseback riding, sewing, and I have been playing piano for the past 9 years. My two sisters play cello and violin and we enjoy playing in a group together.

No comments:

Post a Comment